Metro Steel Doors offer a custom solution for contemporary buildings. The doors feature narrow frame profiles and a baked-on painted finish, with custom sizes available upon request. Let us now explore tips on the care and maintenance of Metro Steel Doors.
Cleaning Your Steel Doors
A cleaning solution will come in handy, and it is something you can prepare at home. You need baby shampoo, vinegar, and water. Mix a few baby shampoo drops with a gallon of water. Vinegar also works great, and all you need is to add one and a half cups to a gallon of water. Armed with your cleaning solution, proceed as follows:
- Rinse the steel door with clean water.
- Using mild soap and water, clean the structure both horizontally and vertically.
- Rinse properly with clean water and wipe the surface.
- Use a separate cloth to dry the sill and window frame.
Paint Drips Removal
To remove paint that drips on the glass, you need a cleaning solution comprising warm water and soap.
- First, soak the paint drips with the cleaning solution.
- After that, wipe the surface using a sponge or damp cloth.
- Scrape the stains gently using a plastic putty knife for stubborn paint drips.
- Soak with warm water again and scrape until the paint loosens.
- Wipe with a damp cloth for a perfect finish.
Clean your weatherstrip using denatured alcohol or lacquer thinner and a soft cloth. Mild soap and water also offer an excellent alternative. Remember to dry the strip afterward.
Maintenance Tips for Your Steel Doors
Weatherstripping helps keep your home energy efficient. Weatherstrip maintenance is vital to prevent energy loss and structural damage. Check for worn-out, cracked, and torn strips. If you have a loose strip:
- Strip it out slowly, taking care not to tear it.
- Apply super glue on the attachment surface.
- Place the strip back and apply firm pressure.
- Release it after a few seconds, and it will stay in place.
Notify us of any repair and replacement issues, and we shall advise you.